Class 10 Pack: $145
Unlimited Monthly: $145
One Year Paid in Full: $1556
Six Months Paid in Full: $826.50
ON RAMP CROSSFIT NICKEL CITY
Our On-ramp program is a series of sessions that are designed to help you get the most out of your workouts CROSSFIT NICKEL CITY. During the six on-ramp sessions, you will be progressively introduced and master the movements we use in our workouts. Every member will go through some form of the onramp program. The program includes:
- A movement assessment/injury screen with PREHAB exercise recommendations
- CORE 101- A challenging and educational session that discusses spine safety and good core training
- Training in CFNC’s FOUNDATIONAL MOVEMENTS- squatting, pushing, pulling, deadlifting and running
- Progressive workouts designed to help you transition seamlessly into our group classes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why start with the on-ramp program?
At CrossFit Nickel City we offer a very comprehensive On-Ramp Program designed to help new athletes learn about our CrossFit methods. If you would describe yourself as any of the following, then the On-Ramp Program is right for you, and you MUST COMPLETE THE ON-RAMP before joining in normal classes:
- You are starting your first fitness program.
- You are just starting a fitness program after a long period of inactivity.
- You are recovering from an injury
- You exercise regularly, but have no previous CrossFit Experience.
- You have previous CrossFit Experience, but have taken at least 6 months off.
- You CrossFit on your own regularly, but you do so without a coach.
- You want to gain a thorough understanding of CrossFit fundamentals.
How long will the On-Ramp program take?
- The On-Ramp program is six sessions and is designed to be completed in 2 weeks
ON- RAMP OVERVIEW
Session 1: Assessment, PREHAB prescription, planning conversation
Session 2: CORE 101, Prehab review,
- WOD (shuttle run, planks)
Session 3 : Foundational Movements 1: Squat, Push, Pull
- Squat mobility (heels raised), stability squat (bands around knees), PVC front squat, PVD back squat, PVC overhead squat, ring rows, ring push-up
- WOD- air squat, ring row, ring push-up, 10 min AMRAP
- Coaching Keys: introduce concept of AMRAP, introduce specific movement prep (squat mob and stab squat) for loaded movement
Session 4: MOVEMENT PREP
- band walking- Bent leg- S-S, FW->BW, Straight leg- S-S, FB-BW, band on feet- S-S bent leg, S-S straight leg, BW lunge with reach, Worlds Greatest Stretch, Side Squat, Inverted Hamstring Stretch, Drop Lunge
- Monostructural- side shuffle, carioca, linear march, linear skip, A-skip
- WOD- Lunge, assisted pull-up, wall ball- 15 reps each
- Coaching keys: Discuss concept of static warm-up, progressing to dynamic wark-up, progressing to neural activation, focus on quality (compare AMRAP to 15 reps each)
Session 5: Foundational Movements 2: Hip Hinge, PLYOMETRIC progression, RECOVERY
- TRX hinge hinge mobility, PVC double leg hip hinge, PVC single leg hip hinge, PVD double leg dead lift, PVC single leg deadlift.
- DL drop squats, SL drop squats, DL squat jump NCM, DL squat jump CM
- Jump rope skill
- WOD- hip hinge with row, jump rope, 1 min each with 1 min recovery for 5 rounds.
- REGEN workshop: foam roll, static stretching
- Coaching keys: Discuss intensity and the need to recover
Session 6: Comprehensive Review
- PREHAB- as prescribed
- MOVEMENT PREP- all
- JUMP ROPE
- MOVEMENT SKILL- crawl
- WOD- push-up, side shuffle, ring row, carioca, wall ball, march, assisted pull-up, A-skip, DL deadlift, Front Squat, SL deadlift, SL squat (20 each)
- REGEN- all